Dear parents and carers,
I hope your child has enjoyed exploring different aspects of equalities work. Whilst we do teach the importance of anti-discrimination throughout the year, it is good to have an occasional look in greater depth.
Meet the Teacher
Willow Class welcome meeting will be at 2.45pm on Monday 17th September. Do come along to find out routines for your children and to meet the staff team. Also, there are two information meetings on Monday 24th September to explain how we teach phonics and how you can support at home. These will be at 2.45pm and 6.30pm in the school hall.
Forest School starts again next Monday 17th for Year 6 and Tuesday 18th for Year 4. All the children have been before so know what to expect, but if you have any questions, please ask at the office.
We welcome our new Reception starter (Jonah) and children joining us in Nursery over the next few weeks (Mark, Lewis, Sami, Eleanor, Alice, Chloe and Ellie). We also welcome Eleanor (Y3) and Adam (Reception) who have joined us from London. I am sure you will make them and their families welcome.
Do you have any old kit (including trainers) which we can use in school when children forget their own? If so, please drop it off at the office. Thank you.
Supper Recital – Friday 28th September
I am delighted to let you know of this event which is a fund-raiser for the school. We have Kathleen Pittari, a former chef from New York, who will be joining us and providing food inspired by different countries. These dishes will be complemented by music from the respective countries provided by a variety of artistes. This is all for the amazing price of £25 per person. Do buy your tickets early as they are strictly limited in number. This is open to the whole community, so do publicise amongst your friends.
Thank you to the eagle-eyed who spotted the little glitch last week – this has now been corrected. If you printed off the dates before Saturday morning, please try again, but everything is now correct on the website and on the click-through links.
Once a year we send a paper copy of the newsletter home as well as the e-mail version to check we have everybody’s details correct. If you have not received an e-mail with this newsletter on, please contact the school office and ask to be added to our e-mail list.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Willa, for lovely comments about what makes people special;
- Ash Class: Ruby, for making a huge effort with everything; Grace, for brilliant maths work;
- Oak Class: Jak, for great effort and enthusiasm; Agnes, for being thoughtful towards others;
- Beech Class: Hollie, for amazing work in maths; Jamie, for showing brilliant confidence in his work;
- Cookery: Amie, for showing great initiative in the kitchen;
- Art: Grace T, for excellent and amazing work this week;
- Sport: Ahana, for being totally engaged in all activities.
Our Christian Value this term is Courage. Ask your child how St Paul showed courage on his journey to Rome.
Future events (w/b 17th September)
- 17/09/2018 Forest School – Year 6
- 2.45pm Willow Class meeting
- 18/09/2018 Forest School – Year 4
- 21/09/2018 Beech Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 28/09/2018 7.00pm – Supper Recital
- 05/10/2018 2.00pm – Harvest Festival
- 12/10/2018 3.00pm – Oak Class charity event
- 22/10/2018 Half term week
- 29/10/2018 Science week
- 02/11/2018 2.30pm – Oak Class Assembly
- 06/11/2018 Parent consultations
- 07/11/2018 Parent consultations
- 16/11/2018 Children in Need – non-uniform
- 06/12/2018 2.00pm – Christingle
- 07/12/2018 Visit from Bishop Colin
- 11/12/2018 9.30am Willow Nativity
- 14/12/2018 Children’s Bazaar
- FODS party
- 17/12/2108 Pantomime trip
- 19/12/2018 2.00pm – Ash Nativity and Carol Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 20/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 21/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 07/01/2019 Start of term
- 18/01/2019 non-uniform day raising funds for a school in Nepal
- 01/02/2019 Ash Class Assembly
- 08/02/2019 Beech Class charity event
- 14/02/2019 Beech Class Junior Citizen trip
- 15/02/2019 Soup lunch and Talent Show
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 3.15pm – end of term