I have been talking with the children about how to improve playtimes. We have come up with various rules and will see what difference they make. Please note that we will always encourage children to put their coats on in the autumn weather, but the presumption is that the children get outside whenever possible; if your child does not have a coat, they may get wet and cold.
Beech Class Sharing Assembly
This will take place in the school hall at 2.30pm next Friday (please note date change). All family and friends are welcome to come and find out what they have been learning.
The Friends of Dr South’s run the Hundred Club as a way of raising funds for some of the enrichment activities we do at school. The numbers are on sale now, so see Tracey Hudson (Noah – Y2) for more details or to buy tickets. The first draw will take place next Thursday, so buy your number now to ensure you are entered in time.
Many thanks to parents and friends who have dropped off bags of conkers, acorns and sticks lately for Forest School activities – they have been well used and enjoyed. We also require a few longer branches for den building and saw work so please let the office know or talk to Mrs Jaggard if you are planning garden works. As the colder weather approaches the children will need to wear plenty of layers, waterproof trousers and sturdy footwear in order to stay warm and comfortable while they work outside each week. We are currently in need of some spare waterproof jackets and wellingtons (size 12 upwards) so please let us know if you are willing to donate these to us.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Emily, for thinking of lovely sentences during phonics;
- Ash Class: Logan, for super maths work; Louis, for great calculations;
- Oak Class: Marcus, for working so hard in everything; Ruby, for great adverbials homework;
- Beech Class: Islay, for a superb leaflet on coastal erosion; Parnia, for showing good concentration in maths.
Future events (w/b 17th October)
- Cookery – Year 6
- Cooper Building – Year 6
- Sport – Year 5
- Forest School – Year 4
- Miss Preedy, Miss Goater and Mrs Travis are on a phonics training course
- No Forest School for Year 6
- Ms Rayner is on a finance training course in the morning
- Miss Prud’homme is on a training course in the afternoon
- 3.00pm – Beech Class are running a charity event
- Oak Class are on a Stone Age Day trip
- Mr Morgan is at an academy conversion meeting in the afternoon
- String lessons
- Some children from Beech Class are at a tag rugby tournament
- Mr Morgan is at an academy ethos meeting in the afternoon
- Beech Class swimming
- Willow Class are welcoming an external advisor for the morning
- 2.30pm – Beech Class sharing assembly
Useful dates for the term
18/10/16 3.00pm Beech Class charity event
19/10/16 Oak Class trip
21/10/16 2.30pm Beech sharing assembly
21/10/16 3.15pm Start of half-term holiday
31/10/16 8.50am Return to school
09/11/16 Parent consultations
10/11/16 Parent consultations
11/11/16 10.45am Act of Remembrance at the War Memorial
06/12/16 2.00pm Christingle service
08/12/16 9.15am Willow Class nativity
12/12/16 Children’s bazaar
16/12/16 2.00pm Carol service and nativity
Our Christian value for the term is Friendship. Ask your child about how to make Pumpkin Soup! Ask also about the work of Elizabeth Fry.