Dear parents and carers,
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did! Well done to the children, and many thanks to the staff for their hard work preparing this. We are trying to update our photograph collection, so if you have any good stills, please e-mail them to the school office.
Carol Service and Nativity
All are invited to join us next Wednesday 19th at 2.00pm in the church for carols and nativity. This will be led by Ash Class.
Follow That Star – Saturday 15th December 4.00pm
Final call for the re-enactment of the Christmas story with a candlelit procession and a real camel and other animals starting at the High Street Christmas tree in Kidlington. The event will finish at St Mary’s church for refreshments. All are welcome.
Please note that during the last week of this term, lunch arrangements are as follows:
- Monday 17th – bring packed lunch (pantomime trip)
- Tuesday 18th – Christmas dinner (with optional Christmas jumper)
- Wednesday 19th – pizza special
Last Friday, several of the children attended the Cross Country Finals at Sibford School. There were fantastic performances from George, Flora, Solomon, Isabella, Emily, Millie B and Milly N. Also, a huge thank you to all the parents who helped with transport and for supporting all the children so well. Thank you to Mrs Brees for all her hard work which allows the children to attend these events.
St Nicholas Church Nativity Service
Any children who would like to take part in a nativity play with a difference for the St Nicholas Church Nativity Service at 4pm on Christmas Eve should come for two short rehearsals in the church on sat 22nd and Sun 23rd Dec at 4pm. It would be helpful but not essential if you could let Rev Lucy know if you plan to be there.
Clubs next week
There will be no after school clubs next week. We are offering care at £5 per session from 3:15 to 4:30. Please let us know in advance if you need it.
Don’t forget we close for the holiday next Wednesday 19th December and reopen on Monday 7th January. Have a good Christmas!
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: all of them, for an absolutely brilliant nativity;
- Ash Class: Hughie, for fantastic work on suffixes in literacy; Felix, for superb guided reading homework;
- Oak Class: Logan, for fantastic effort in his instructions writing; Louis, for a great attitude when completing maths assessments;
- Beech Class: Orla, for excellent input during history lessons; Ruby, for great determination in maths all week;
- Art: Noah OB, for trying his best and producing some lovely work.
- Sport: Logan, for determination and effort in the fitness challenge.
Our Christian Value this term is Peace. Can your child tell you about the prophecies of Isaiah?
Future events (w/b 17th December)
- Whole school trip to the pantomime
- No Forest School
- Mr Morgan is away
- Christmas lunch
- No Forest School
- Carol service and nativity in the church – 2.00pm
- End of term
Dates for the year
- 17/12/2108 Pantomime trip
- 18/12/2018 Christmas Lunch
- 19/12/2018 2.00pm – Ash Nativity and Carol Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 20/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 21/12/2018 INSET day – school closed
- 07/01/2019 Start of term
- 18/01/2019 Non-uniform day raising funds for an international charity
- 01/02/2019 Ash Class Assembly
- 08/02/2019 Beech Class charity event
- 14/02/2019 Beech Class Junior Citizen trip
- 15/02/2019 Soup Lunch and Talent Show
- 18/02/2019 Half term week
- 06/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 07/03/2019 World Book Day
- 07/03/2019 Parent consultations
- 15/03/2019 Red Nose Day
- 05/04/2019 2.00pm – Stations of the Cross led by Oak Class
- 3.15pm – End of term
- 23/04/2019 Start of term
- 03/05/2019 Non-uniform day – bring a tombola prize
- 06/05/2019 Bank Holiday – school closed
- 12/05/2018 Big Bike Ride
- 24/05/2019 May Day
- 27/05/2019 Half term week
- 03/06/2019 INSET – school closed
- 10/06/2019 Beech Class residential week
- 14/06/2019 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 02/07/2019 Sport morning
- 10/07/2019 2.00pm – Ash and Willow Class production
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service