Dear parents and carers,
Thank you for your support over the last few months. The autumn term is always a long one for staff and children alike, and your understanding during the transition to new working arrangements has been much appreciated. Whilst I have been sad not to see the children here so much, I have enjoyed getting to know the new school community at Bletchingdon. We are looking forward to increased opportunities for the staff to work together, starting with our joint training next week on supporting children to develop strong mental health.
Wellbeing Day – Monday 16th December
We are taking time out with the children in the hectic run up to Christmas, and will be having a day with a focus on calmness and wellbeing. There will be a number of suitable activities for the children to try (including meditation, relaxation to music, yoga, exercise) and they will experience these in their school family groups (cross-class groupings). Do ask which one they enjoyed most, and perhaps try it at home over the holiday. The children should wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes for the day (non-uniform).
Carol Service – Tuesday 17th December, 2.00pm
Everybody is welcome at the church to end the term in style. Ash Class will lead this with a traditional retelling of the Christmas story, along with congregational carols. We then finish for the term at the end of the service.
We are sorry to be saying goodbye to Miss Hadland next week. It has been lovely having her covering maternity leave for Mrs Cornish, and we wish her well in her new job. Mrs Cornish will be here on Tuesday, and also on the INSET days, and will have detailed handover discussions with Miss Hadland.
100 Club draw
The December draw took place today and I am glad to report the following winners:
- 1st Prize – Alex Hunt – £21.75
- 2nd Prize – Jan Allen – £13.05
- 3rd Prize – Susan Sawyer – £8.70
- £43.50 going to the school.
Well done to all the winners. Sophie will be in touch with your winnings in due course.
There are still numbers available, if you want more chances to win then please contact Nicole Tucker
Don’t forget we start back on Monday 6th January – there is no INSET day at the start of next term.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: James, for a lovely performance in our nativity play;
- Ash Class: Jensen, for being ready to learn every day; Audrey, for enthusiastic contributions in literacy;
- Oak Class: Asher, for being very helpful in the classroom; Flossie, for consistent effort in handwriting;
- Beech Class: Louis, for showing good focus in the classroom; Amie, for good concentration and good results in her assessments.
- Sport: Tausif, for embracing this week’s lessons on hockey having never played before;
- Art: William, for delicate brush work and attention to detail.
Our Christian Value this term is Generosity. Ask your child about the gift of perfume.
Future events (w/b 16th December)
- No Cookery, Art or Sport this week
- Monday 16th Wellbeing Day
- Tuesday 17th 2.00pm, Carol Service and Ash Class nativity
Dates for the year
- 16/12/2019 Wellbeing Day
- 17/12/2019 2.00pm Ash Class nativity in the church
- End of term
- 18/12/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 19/12/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 06/01/2020 Start of term
- 17/01/2020 Beech Class charity event
- 05/02/2020 Reception/Y6 heights and weights measurement
- 14/02/2020 Soup Lunch and Talent Show in the Village Hall
- 17/02/2020 Half term week
- 05/03/2020 World Book Day
- 06/03/2020 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 13/03/2020 Sport Relief Day
- 27/03/2020 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/04/2020 2.00pm Oak Class Stations of the Cross service in the church
- End of term
- 20/04/2020 Start of term
- 08/05/2020 Friday Bank Holiday – school closed
- 22/05/2020 May Day celebrations
- 25/05/2020 Half term week
- 08/06/2020 Beech Class residential
- 23/06/2020 Sports Day (all day, with family picnic at lunchtime)
- 01/07/2020 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production in the Village Hall
- 09/07/2020 1.30pm/6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production in the Village Hall
- 10/07/2020 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 15/07/2020 Reserve Sports Day
- 17/07/2020 2.00pm Leavers’ Service in the church
- End of term
- 20/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 21/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed