Dear parents and carers,
End of year productions
I do hope you enjoyed the Ash and Willow class production on Wednesday. I thought it was lovely, and was very impressed with the performance the children put on. Many thanks to the staff who put in so much work.
Oak and Beech classes will be performing at 1.30pm and 6.00pm next Thursday 18th July. Do join us for any of these. All performances will be in the Village Hall. If your child is not going to be able to attend either of the performances for any reason, please talk to your child’s teacher.
We have had a few concerns about these recently. If you have any comments about the dinners it would be very helpful if you could e-mail the office with specific examples of times where you or your children have not been happy with either the quality or quantity of the food. We are in regular discussion with our suppliers and would appreciate details of issues we could pass on.
The Jacobs’ Field – Tuesday 16th July
The children in Ash Class are greatly enjoying their days up at the field. The final Friday session was today, but the children will also be attending on Tuesday 16th July, just before the lavender starts being harvested. At this session you are invited to join the children at around 11am to be shown round, to harvest the potatoes, and to bring lunch to have together. We expect to be finished around 1pm. It would be lovely to have parents there, although we do understand that taking two hours in the middle of the day is not always convenient for working parents!
Village Fete Thank You
A huge thank you to all parents who helped to run the Friend’s activities at the village fete last Saturday. Whether it was setting up the marquee, manning the bouncy castle, endlessly painting faces, applying tattoos and hair feathers or holding the finish line for the children’s races, we could not have done it without you! Thank you for giving up some of your weekend to help make lots of children happy and raise over £200 for the school.
Friends AGM – Tuesday 16th July
It is the final Friends’ meeting of the year on Tuesday at 8pm at Farm Cottage, North Street, Islip. There will be Pimms, nibbles and hopefully lots of sun so that we can sit out in the garden. We would love to see lots of parents there to thank you for all your efforts this year, elect class reps and committee members for next year and plan how to spend the money that we have raised. Please do come along if you can – especially if you are new to the school. It is a great way to meet other parents. Please let us know at [email protected] if you are hoping to come or if you have something that you would like to discuss at the meeting.
End of Term Leavers’ Party – Wednesday 24th July
All are warmly invited to an end of term party at Islip village hall on the last day of term, to say goodbye to the year 6 children and to celebrate the end of the year. All parents and siblings are welcome. More details to follow!
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Jenson, for fantastic red word reading;
- Ash Class: All of them, for a magnificent production;
- Oak Class: Ethan, for enthusiastic singing and dancing in rehearsals; Abra, for excellent concentration when rehearsing;
- Beech Class: Charlotte, for fabulous focus when performing on stage; Imogen, for remembering all her lines in every practice.
Our Christian Value this term is Trust. Ask your child about Jesus turning water into wine.
Future events (w/b 15th July)
- Cookery: Year 6
- No Year 6 Forest School
- Parent governor ballot papers issued.
- Mrs Watson is on safeguarding training.
- No Year 4 Forest School
- Picnic at The Jacobs’ Field
- 1.30pm – Oak and Beech production at the Village Hall
- 6.00pm – Oak and Beech production at the Village Hall
- Oak Class swimming
Dates for the year
- 16/07/2019 Picnic at the Jacobs’ Field for parents of children in Ash Class
- 18/07/2019 1.30pm and 6.00pm – Oak and Beech Class production
- 24/07/2019 2.00pm – Leavers’ Service
- 3.15pm – end of term
- 02/09/2019 INSET Day – school closed
- 03/09/2019 Term starts for children