Parent Consultations and Parent Questionnaire
It was good to see so many of you at parent consultations this week. If you were not able to be there, please do make a time to talk with your child’s teacher. Hopefully the new assessment arrangements are making some sense, but do ask if you are unsure.
Every year we ask each parent to fill out a questionnaire; a copy was attached to the e-mailed newsletter and hard copies are available at the office. Please place completed questionnaires in the box outside the office. It is a really useful way of gauging how things are going from a parental point of view and the results are discussed by the governors as a way of informing the budget for next year. Make sure you express support for things you think should continue!
Sport Relief – Friday 18th March
This will take place next Friday 18th March. On the day we are encouraging the children to pay £1 to wear sport kit to school and we are also selling wrist bands in the office (costing £1 each). During the afternoon we will be running on the village sport field if dry or having a danceathon in school if wet. If it is dry, you are very welcome to join us in our run round the field at whatever speed you wish!
Church Service – Tuesday 22nd March
You are all welcome at our end of term pre-Easter service. It will take place at 2pm in the church and will be led by children from Oak Class.
Cake Sale – Tuesday 22nd March
The Friends of Dr South are holding a cake sale in aid of Ash Class on Tuesday 22nd March. We would be very grateful for donations of cakes, biscuits, brownies, cupcakes, scones, flapjacks etc. The cake sale will start at school straight after the end of term service so please come along to buy some delicious goodies as holiday treats! If you are able to contribute, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Tracey Hudson or Emma Goulart. Thank you!
After School Club will start on the first week back after the holiday. The booking form is attached and we would be grateful for replies as soon as possible. Places will be allocated in order of receipt, and there are some spaces already reserved for those who did not get a place this term.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Florence, for having a go at reading a story to the whole class;
- Ash Class: Isabella, for consistent hard work in class; Amie, for great progress in maths;
- Oak Class: Sylvia, for improved handwriting; Melina, for a really positive attitude to everything;
- Beech Class: Caroline, for excellent focus in maths.
Best wishes, Huw Morgan – Headteacher
Our Christian value for the term is Trust. Ask your child about Mary’s trust in God.
This week we have been learning about:
- Properties of materials
- Planning a poem;
- Crowns and shields;
- Differences between Elizabeth I and II;
- Expanded subtraction and addition;
- European geography (Italy);
- Instruction writing;
- French animal vocabulary;
- The Easter Story;
- Police incident reports;
- Problem solving with measures;
- Mean, median, range and mode;
- Contrasting localities within the Americas.
Future events (w/b 14th March):
- A group from Ash Class will be cooking.
- Year 3 will be using the Lin Cooper Practical Skills Building in the afternoons.
- Ash and Oak Class trip – bring a packed lunch.
- No Forest School for Year 3.
- Forest School for Year 5.
- Violin and Cello lessons.
- Recorder lessons.
- PE with Andy.
- Year 5 athletics at Gosford Leisure Centre (afternoon).
- Four initial teacher training students are joining us for the day.
- Sport Relief.
- Clarinet lessons for Beech Class.
- Swimming for Oak Class.
Monday 14th March Ash/Oak trip
Thursday 17th March Oak parent consultations
Friday 18th March Sport Relief
Tuesday 22nd March Church Service, end of Term 4
Monday 11th April Start of Term 5
Monday 2nd May Bank Holiday – school closed
w/b Monday 9th May Year 6 tests (SATS)
Friday 27th May May Day, end of Term 5
Monday 6th June Start of Term 6
Thursday 23rd June Sports Morning and family picnic
Wednesday 6th July Oak and Beech production
Thursday 7th July Reserve Sports Morning (in case of bad weather)
w/b Monday 11th July Beech Class residential
Wednesday 13th July Willow and Ash production
Wednesday 20th July Leavers’ Service, end of Term 6