Dear parents and carers,
Beech Class Charity Event – Friday 17th January, 3.00pm
Do come and support the children in Beech Class raise money for a charity they have chosen. Bring lots of silver change so you can take part.
We are delighted to welcome to our school this term some Cherwell District Council activators. They will be with us on Thursdays, and will work with children in Ash class learning playground games at lunchtime, and then working with Oak Class on healthy living and exercise.
If your child is due to start Reception this coming September, make sure you apply online before 15th January. Ask at the office if you are unsure.
We undertake thorough termly reviews of all the medication used at school for different children (eg inhalers). We can obviously only do this if we know all the details for the necessary children. If your child’s medical needs have changed recently, do check with Mrs Robertson in the office to make sure we have everything in place.
This week, we are trialling sending the newsletter e-mail link using a different system. If you have not received the link, please contact the office e-mail from the address you wish to have added.
This week we congratulated:
- Willow Class: Marcel for beautiful work in maths; Billy, for settling back in so well;
- Ash Class: Millie, for being confident and contributing well in class; Hermione for showing great resilience in class;
- Oak Class: Isabella, for great ideas for her technology poem; Logan, for fantastic perseverance in maths;
- Beech Class: Helena, for great work in topic lessons; Flyn, for superb contributions in lessons all week;
- Sport: Emmy, for fantastic engagement and focus;
- Art: Hermione, for incredibly neat and independent work;
- Cookery: Flora, for being confident enough to experiment in the kitchen.
Our Christian Value this term is Truthfulness. Ask your child about which public figures they feel demonstrate truthfulness.
Future events (w/b 13th January)
- Cookery: Beech
- Art: Year 1
- Sport: Year 2
- Forest School – Year 6
- Forest School – Year 4
- Governing Body Meeting
- Beech Class swimming
- 3.00pm Beech Class Charity Event
Dates for the year
- 17/01/2020 Beech Class charity event
- 05/02/2020 Reception/Y6 heights and weights measurement
- 14/02/2020 Soup Lunch and Talent Show in the Village Hall
- 17/02/2020 Half term week
- 05/03/2020 World Book Day
- 06/03/2020 2.30pm Oak Class assembly
- 13/03/2020 Sport Relief Day
- 27/03/2020 Ash and Willow Class charity event
- 03/04/2020 2.00pm Oak Class Stations of the Cross service in the church
- End of term
- 20/04/2020 Start of term
- 08/05/2020 Friday Bank Holiday – school closed
- 22/05/2020 May Day celebrations
- 25/05/2020 Half term week
- 08/06/2020 Beech Class residential
- 23/06/2020 Sports Day (all day, with family picnic at lunchtime)
- 01/07/2020 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production in the Village Hall
- 09/07/2020 1.30pm/6.00pm Oak and Beech Class production in the Village Hall
- 10/07/2020 2.30pm Ash Class assembly
- 15/07/2020 Reserve Sports Day
- 17/07/2020 2.00pm Leavers’ Service in the church
- End of term
- 20/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed
- 21/07/2020 INSET Day – school closed