The school is an academy within the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust (ODST). This is a multi-academy trust in which each school retains its unique identity, but has the structure of a larger organisation behind it. We enjoy close relations with other schools in the trust and can draw on ODST for help and support when needed.
The strategic direction of the school is shaped by the governors in the form of a Local Governing Body within the structure provided by ODST. The Local Governing Body is a group of 12 people from a variety of areas who work together to support the headteacher in developing the school. They are involved in areas such as setting the budget, recruiting staff, developing building projects and assisting the headteacher in monitoring the provision of education for the children.
There are occasionally spaces on the local governing body. Each person appointed must meet specific requirement for their post. If you are interested in learning more about the governors, please contact one of them for a discussion.
For more information about individual governors, please click on their name.
Current Local Governing Body (LGB)
- Calum Miller (Chair of Local Governing Body)
- Sarah Pearson (Vice Chair of Local Governing Body, Chair of Finance, Premises and Personnel Committee)
- Kathryn Campbell
- Jon Conibear
- Liz Halsey (Staff)
- Rev Steve Hayes (Priest)
- Huw Morgan (Headteacher)
- Jonathan Nicholl (SEN Governor)
- Matthew Nicholson (Health and Safety Governor)
- Mandy O’Sullivan (Chair of Teaching and Learning Committee)
- Hannah Penwarden
- Ruth Sibly (Safeguarding Governor)
The school can also co-opt governors. These are usually people who can bring areas of specific expertise to contribute to the work of the school. The following are the co-opted governors:
- Helen Watson
- Rob Dallison
Governors are appointed according to the regulations of our Academy Trust, ODST. There are eight Foundation Governors (including the parish priest), two parents governors, the headteacher and one staff governor. The Foundation Governors are nominated and appointed by the church in some way (either through the Parochial Church Council or the Oxford Diocesan Board of Education). This is to ensure that the distinctive Christian ethos of the school is preserved and developed. In addition, the Governing Body have chosen to co-opt two further governors for strategic reasons.
Each governor also serves on one of the two main sub-committees: Teaching and Learning, and Finance, Premises and Personnel. Other committees (eg Complaints, Pay, Attendance) are formed when needed.
To find out more about what governors do, click here.
The Chair of Governors can be contacted via the school office or at [email protected]
Under the requirements of the Education Funding Agency and the Academies Financial Handbook we are required to publish key information about the multi-academy trust (The Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust) on our school website.
The following is the statutory information required:
• annual report and audited accounts;
• memorandum articles of association;
• names of the charity trustees;
• names of the members of the academy trust;
• supplementary funding agreement for the academy;
• relevant business and pecuniary interests of trustees and members;
• up-to-date of governance arrangements in a readily accessible format;
• the registered name of the academy trust, the registered company number and the registered address.
These details can be accessed by clicking here.
The following information is also needed:
- the academy trust funding agreement.
This information can be accessed by clicking here.
ODST can be contacted at Church House Oxford, Langford Locks, Kidlington, OX5 1GF (01865 208200).
To see more details about ODST click here.