This runs every day from 7.50am, and is on a drop-in basis. If you know in advance that your child will be coming, however, it would be really helpful if you could let Serinne know for catering purposes.
Congratulations to the Year 5 children who passed their cycling proficiency test last week. Well done Cecily, Joseph, Giorgio, Melina, Matti, Islay, Evie, Noah and Morgan. Year 6 will have their turn later in the year.
Please make sure your address and contact details are kept up to date. We have had a few incidents recently when we have been unable to contact parents when a child has been ill.
Big Bike Ride
The Big Bike Ride is fast approaching and we need your help! In previous years, this has been a huge fundraiser and raised thousands of pounds for the school. However to raise lots of money, we need lots of riders! You can ride from Westminster (65 miles) or from Thame (15 miles) and there will be children’s rides around Islip at about midday, with a bouncy castle on hand to keep them entertained whilst waiting for the other riders to arrive.
Please help us to find riders by telling everyone you know about it. Sign up for it yourself, sign up your family, sign up your friends, sign up your colleagues! You can raise even more money for the school by collecting sponsorship. Other people can also use it to raise money for any charity of their choice. The website is https://www.islipbigbikeride.com/ – please spread the word.
We are also looking for volunteers to make soup, chilli or cakes, to serve food on the day and to marshall the children’s rides around Islip. If you can help in anyway, please email email@example.com or speak to Sophie or Niki.
Quiz Night Thank You
A huge thank you to everyone who helped to make the quiz night on Saturday such a success. It was a brilliant night and we received many compliments on the delicious food and tricky questions. Particular thanks must go to David Goodfellow for setting a great quiz and to all those who made food and helped in the kitchen. We could not run this event without you and we are immensely grateful that you squeezed this into your already busy lives. Thank you also to everyone who taxed their brains and came along to take part in the quiz. The final calculations are being done but it looks like we will have raised over £900, which is fantastic. Every penny of this will go towards resources for all our children.
This week we congratulated:
Art: Franck, for some great papier mache work on a centurion helmet.
Willow: Piers, for lovely writing in his Mothering Sunday card
Ash: Harley, for always settling to his work quickly; Zach, for great input into inventing a maths game;
Oak: Emily, for much improved confidence in her own ability; Sylvia, for great effort and perseverance in spelling;
Beech: Morgan, for thoughtful contributions in assembly; Daisy, for persevering in writing a narrative poem.
Future events (w/b Monday 27th March)
- Cookery – Year 2
- Art – Oak Class
- Sport – Oak Class
- Year 5 visit to Gosford to see their production
- Forest School – Year 3
- Forest School – Year 5
- Mr Morgan is at a heads’ meeting
- Visit by our bursar
- Mr Morgan is at an academy meeting
- Visit by student teacher in Willow
- String lessons
- Visit by teachers from other schools to look at and learn from our Foundation Stage
- Visit by our Diocesan advisor
- Swimming – Oak Class
- Ms Rayner is on a training course
Useful dates for the year
- End of Spring Term 2
- 07/04/17 2.00pm Church service led by Oak Class
- 27/03/17 am Year 5 trip to Gosford Hill School production
- 24/04/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 1
- 01/05/17 May Bank Holiday – school closed
- 07/05/17 Islip Big Bike Ride
- 08/05/17 Year 6 assessment week (SATS)
- 19/05/17 2.30pm Oak Class sharing assembly
- 26/05/17 May Day
- End of Summer Term 1
- 06/06/17 8.50am Start of Summer Term 2
- 12/06/17 Year 1 phonic screening week
- 14/06/17 Ash and Willow Class Charity event
- 16/06/17 2.30pm Willow Class sharing assembly
- 26/06/17 Beech Class residential
- 05/07/17 1.30pm Ash and Willow Class production
- 13/07/17 1.30pm Oak and Beech production
- 14/03/17 2.30pm Ash Class sharing assembly
- 18/07/17 9.30am Sport morning
- 20/07/17 9.30am Sport morning reserve
- 21/07/17 2.00pm Leavers’ service
Our Christian value for the term is Humility. Ask your child about Joseph (and his coat) and how we do not always get it right, so we need to be humble and admit our mistakes.